The safety of the food produced on Marin farms and ranches has always been a top priority for producers. With the 2010 passage of the FDA’s Food Safety & Modernization Act (FSMA), increased attention is being paid to the practices of our nation’s food producers and processors. Here are some of our favorite resources to help you assess your own operation and understand some of the best practices being promoted in the industry.
- UCCE Marin Food Safety for Farmers workshop and resources (June 2012)
- UCCE Marin Food Safety Workshop Series and resources (2016)
- FSMA Flowchart – Are you subject to FSMA?
- UC Small Farm Food Safety Resources
- NCAT-ATTRA Food Safety Resources
- California Small Farm Food Safety Guide
- UC Post-Harvest Technology Center
- Leafy Greens Marketing Association Food Safety Practices
- CAFF Food Safety Program
- National Sustainable Ag Coalition FSMA Overview