Around Marin County
- Summertime means that Marin County is full of opportunities to get fresh locally grown produce, dairy, eggs, and meat at farmers markets throughout the county six days a week! Get double value for EBT/food stamps purchases at Markets hosted by the Agricultural Institute of Marin, because Market Match is back this summer!
- Congratulations to Marin French Cheese Company, the oldest continuously operating cheese factory in the country, for celebrating its 150th birthday this year! Celebrate their birthday with them at one of their events this summer.
- Don't miss the 2015 Marin County Fair, coming up July 1st - 5th at the Civic Center in San Rafael. Our Marin Master Gardeners will be presenting information about healthy, beautiful and water-wise gardening at their exhibit "Landscapes of the Wild West."
- Learn the fundamentals of the specialty food marketplace in the one-day intensive Starting a SUCCESSFUL Specialty Food Business offered by the UC Small Farm Program on July 9. For more information, view the day's agenda. Register online now, as space is limited.
- Check out the The Incredible Edible Lawn on Saturday July 11, to learn how to replace your thirsty lawn with an attractive landscape that effectively utilizes water and sunlight to produce food. The workshop will cover garden design principles and practices, sheet mulching, irrigation conversion from sprinklers to drip, and tips for building rich soil.
- Check out the new UC Cooperative Extension Poultry website designed to help poultry enthusiasts, small scale poultry producers, and commercial producers find information and resources for all things poultry, including a range of production systems, animal husbandry, avian diseases and disease prevention, and food safety.
- "Like" UCCE Marin on Facebook for updates about what's happening in Marin.